Recipe of the day
Spring is in the air and everyone is ready to get to summer eating; grilling, summer salads and bright colours. Packed with chicken, fresh veggies and avocado!
Ingredients and preparation:
- 1/2lb (225g) raw chicken breast skinless, boneless
- 1 tblspn extra virgin olive oil
- pepper & salt to taste
- ¼ tspn smoked paprika
- ¼ tspn garlic powder
- 1/8 tspn onion powder
- 1/8 tspn chili powder
- 1/8 tspn oregano
Lime Juice Dressing
- 3 tlbspn lime juice
- 2 tblspn extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cucumber, English diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ red onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium avocado, cut into small cubes
1. Combine all dry ingredients plus 1 tblspn of olive oil into a bowl or ziplock bag. Add chicken breasts and toss to coat all sides.
2. Heat nonstick pan over medium heat.
3. Once pan has come to temperature, add chicken breasts and cook on all sides until cooked through (roughly 3-4 minutes per side). Cook time will depend on thickness of chicken. Remove from pan and allow to cool on plate.
1. While chicken is cooking, in a bowl combine all ingredients for dressing into a smaller mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
1. Once chicken has completely cooled, cut into small cubes 1-inch or smaller. In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients and chicken cubes.
2. Drizzle salad with lime juice dressing and combine until well coated. Either serve immediately or covered in the fridge until ready to use.